COVID Readiness Protocol
Below are the protocols we will follow in order to ensure the health of clients and practitioners of Maury's Massage at Avid Sports Medicine. This plan is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, California Department of Public Health, Cal OSHA, The Guidelines for Practice with COVID-19 Considerations from the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards and input from Dr Veronica Jow MD.
Prior to Arrival:
We will contact you prior to your session and confirm that you are not experiencing any symptoms and request that you advise if anything changes prior to your session.
- The door to the building will be locked. Only clients with an appointment and a pre-screen will be admitted. We will keep an eye out for your arrival, so that we can let you in. If you do not see us at the door, please call 415-735-1276 to be admitted.
- We will ask each patient to wear a mask upon arrival. We have masks onsite if you do not have your own.
- For everyone's safety, we will only see one patient at a time.
- We ask that you maintain the 6 feet distancing rule from staff and other patients during your time in the office. Though the massage practitioner will not be wearing gloves she will be washing hands before during and after each session (studies have shown that wearing gloves in massage can create a false sense of security and that washing hands and arms is the best way to prevent transmission of disease)
- If you are currently ill with any symptoms (not only fever, cough and shortness of breath), please do not come to the office. If you have been personally asked to quarantine or isolate by a healthcare professional, please do not come to the office. We are happy to reschedule or convert to a video visit.
During the Session:
- Both client and staff will wear face covering (of the nose and mouth) during each visit to protect each other from contamination.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- During the session the air will be filtered with a HEPA air filter.
Cleaning Before and Between Sessions:
- All touch surfaces will be disinfected between clients. This includes doorknobs, chair and the massage table.
- At the end of each day the floors will be mopped and bathroom will be disinfected.
- To reduce exposure we ask that only staff open and close doors.